the healing circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

energetic healer's community network

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vipassana meditation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vipassana meditation Empty Vipassana meditation Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:02 am

sally james

sally james

I recently sat my second 10 day Vipassana retreat at Ballina. I always gain alot of insight into the world around me as well as my internal world. I would really like to bring my practice into everyday reality and I am starting with one hour daily. Does anyone else on the forum practice Vipassana meditation? It would be great to share experiences with you. Love n light Sally

http://www.askanaturopath.com

2Vipassana meditation Empty Re: Vipassana meditation Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:05 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin

sorry no I haven't practiced Vipassana meditation... though I have written an essay on it! lol
I have heard though that they are very strict and there are some school of thought that due to some people going through spiritual emergencies whilst practicing for so long that they should be more flexible in the amount of days people can attend. At the moment though my understanding is that 10 days are really strict in some practices.
Have you witnessed anyone finding it too difficult?
admin

http://www.thehealingcircle.com.au

3Vipassana meditation Empty Ten days is needed Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 am

Nick

Nick

I sat the same Vippassana( my first) as Sally and during the course the teacher (Goenke) explains the signifigance of every day within the course. He describes the process as spiritual surgery, and the ten days are required to achieve the full benefit of the meditation. The first few days are spent just trying to get into the headspace and focused and there is also a couple of days at the end dedicated to soothing the spiritual incisions, which Goenke calls the salve.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum